Top 10 Kid-Friendly Campgrounds in Alabama
Are you ready to take your family camping? I love camping these days as it can be as primitive, or as modern as you make it. Modern camping though can be a ton of fun with the kids. Did you know that some campgrounds have fun amenities that are family-fun focused? Modern camping is truly a wonderful thing. This type of camping has made it possible for many families to enjoy actual vacations! Camping is more affordable than staying in a hotel-type resort, but just because you are camping doesn’t mean that you can’t have the possibility of the same amenities provided to you! If you are looking for an awesome campground that your kids are going to love, here are the
Top 10 Kid-Friendly Campgrounds in Alabama:
- Lake Guntersville State Park
- Lake Guntersville State Park offers plenty of fun opportunities for the kids, including a beach for swimming and water fun, an outdoor nature center, bike trails, zip lines, nature trails and more.
- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park RV Camp Resort of the Alabama Gulf Coast
- If you have never before stayed at a Jellystone Park, you have some fun in store for you! These parks are located throughout the U.S. and have some seriously fun kid-friendly stuff to do like such as pools, pool parties, slip n slides, foam parties, wildlife encounters, gem mining, fishing contests and more.
- Big Wills Creek Campground
- Big Wills Creek Campground is a super fun campground for kids of all ages. They offer a playground, paddle boating, kayaking and they are quite popular for their mile long creek tubing trips!
- Creekside Family Campground
- The Creekside Family Campground is full of fun, kid and family-friendly amenities such as free wifi, beach access with a volleyball net, playground, tubing tribs, walking trails and more.
- Peach Queen Campground
- Peach Queen Campground is just right for families because they have plenty kid-friendly fun right there in camp. From a swimming pool to a playground, this campground has it all. If you are a fan of fun-facts, here is one for you: the Peach Queen Campground Pool is one of the last remaining stainless steel swimming pools left in the nation and was built in 1974.
- Mountain Lakes Resort
- Mountain Lakes resort features some amazing fishing opportunities for families that love to fish! Additionally, you will find some awesome kid-friendly amenities such as 2 swimming pools (1 outdoor and 1 indoor), a kids rec room, volleyball courts, clubhouse, games and more!
- Ozark / Fort Rucker KOA
- Head on over to the Ozark / Fort Rucker KOA to find some super fun family-friendly amenities and it’s not very far from Disneyworld! Here you will find a game room, a swimming pool, a koi pond, playground, free wifi and more.
- Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve
- The Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve is great for year-round camping and features kid-friendly amenities such as swimming, horse trails, hiking trails, kayaking, tubing, horseshoes, a volleyball court and a playground.
- Styx River Resort
- The Styx River Resort has been around for over 50 years and has kid-friendly features that your family will love. These features include an outdoor pool, an indoor pool and a swimming beach, a kids rec room, tube rentals, sports courts, a playground, free wifi, a clubhouse and more!
- Hidden Cove RV Resort
The Hidden Cove RV Resort is available for RVers and tent campers alike and has tons of features that the entire family will love. These features include, swimming pool, clubhouse, fishing creek, free wifi, mini golf, basketball court, playground, game room, library and more!
Have you visited any of these campgrounds? Have you been to any other kid-friendly campground in Alabama that I missed that you think should be added? I would love to hear all about it!
Please follow and like us: