Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party: What to Know Before You Go
You may not feel the fall breeze in Orlando, but that doesn’t mean it won’t feel like fall in the Disney parks! Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) is a classic during the fall months. This Halloween party gets people dressed in costumes in the park and has a ton of great activities and special events happening throughout the Magic Kingdom. If this is your first time attending, here is what you need to know before you go and what to bring with you. Keep reading to the end for a chance to win a $150 Digital Disney Gift Card to use for your next visit!
Cost and EntryThis event is only for those who have purchased special event tickets which range from anywhere between $75-$125 depending on when you attend. On certain nights, Annual Passholders or Disney Vacation Club members may be able to save money on their tickets. If you have a park pass and an event ticket for that night, you can be in the park before the event and even take advantage of shorter rides! If you aren’t already in the park, you will be able to enter at around 4:00 pm.
Halloween CostumesAs I mentioned before, guests are allowed to dress up for the party. Guidelines are strictly enforced, and especially for adults, have changed over the past few years. Disney can deny guests that are considered dressed inappropriate or will detract from other guests’ experiences, and they must be family-friendly. While the guests can dress as their favorite characters, they are not allowed to pose for pictures or sign autographs. Weapons are not allowed, even if they would compliment the costume as well. Costume restrictions by age:
- Costumes can not drag or reach the ground
- Capes can not go below the waist
- Any headwear cannot cover the face, and masks are not allowed
- 13 and under:
- Some masks and costumes can be worn, as long as the masks do not cover their entire face. Both eyes must be visible!
What to BringDisney has a number of great activities planned for guests who are there for the Halloween Party. However, bringing a few additional items with you can help make your experience better.
- Trick or treat basket: While they do provide bags, they are small and made of plastic. This can make it difficult for kids to carry and the risk of breaking the bag is high!
- Glow sticks: During the Halloween Party, the park will get dark. Bring glow sticks to help brighten up the night, and as a fun treat for the kiddos.
- Costumes: Make sure your kid is dressed in costumes if you are going into this event. Costumes will be expensive to purchase in the park and will make the experience way more fun.
EventsThere are so many great things happening during this Halloween Party! The characters are all dressed up, and you may even get a chance to meet some unique characters that you don’t normally see in the parks! Here are some of the classic events you can expect to see while at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party:
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Show
- Boo to You Halloween Parade
- Trick or Treat Throughout the Park
- Attend the Scream-o-Ween Dance Party
Please follow and like us: