Warm Your Family's Belly with Instant Pot Beef ChiliThe winter break is quickly approaching, and that means families sitting down together for dinner. If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner to make that will warm your family's belly, look no further. Whip out the instant pot and get started making this beef chili packed with flavor even little picky eaters will enjoy.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dry kidney beans, sorted and rinsed
- 8 cups water (plus additional if desired)
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped onions (2)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 32 ounce carton beef broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 tablespoon of salt to compensate for the dry beans)
- Place beans into the electric pressure cooker with water. Set the valve to sealing and cook the beans for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release and carefully transfer beans to a colander to drain.
- Rinse the pressure cooker liner and wipe the outside of the liner dry. Replace the liner into the pressure cooker.
- Turn on the saute function and allow the pressure cooker to heat.
- Add the ground chuck, onions, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook until the ground beef is browned. Drain well.
- Return the meat and vegetables to the pressure cooker along with the drained beans and other ingredients. If you prefer a soupier chili, add an additional cup of water. Stir well.
- Cover the pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Program the pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” on high for 30 minutes.
- When the cook cycle is complete, quick release the pressure. Stir again, taste to adjust seasonings, and serve with your choice of condiments.
Please follow and like us: