Valentine Heart Cookie Bars
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and what better than to make a tasty treat with your little sweethearts? These Valentine Heart Cookie Bars are easy to make and the whole family will love them.
- 1/2 C. salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 C. flour
- 1/4 C. chocolate chips
- 1/4 C. Valentine M&M's
- 3" Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the chocolate chips and Valentine M&M's.
- Pour the cookie dough into the prepared baking dish and press a few extra chocolate chips and M&M's on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into heart shapes.
- Once the cookie bars have cooled, gently lift them from the baking dish using the foil.
- Use the Valentine Heart cookie cutter to cut out the cookie bars* and close together as possible alternating the cookie cutter up and down.
*Makes approximately 6 heart shaped cookie bars.
Please follow and like us: