Quick and Easy Taco Pasta
My family absolutely loves tacos. That means we have tacos on Taco Tuesday, or any day of the week if we are feeling extra. To break up the monotony of simple tacos, we have begun to branch out with some new recipes that the whole family can enjoy. This quick and easy taco pasta is great for a night when we have baseball games or just want something fast and different. If you have taco fans in your family, try this recipe out and let me know what they think.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 16 oz pasta noodles (I used medium shells)
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- Homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below) OR 1 packet of store bought taco seasoning
- 4 C. chicken broth
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Taco Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Add the ground beef, diced onion and minced garlic to the instant pot insert.
- Press saute and brown the meat (IF the mixture sticks, add a little bit of olive oil)
- Once the meat is cooked through, add in the homemade taco seasoning.
- Drain the grease from the meat if needed.
- Add in the chicken broth, salsa and noodles and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal it shut.
- Press manual and set the time to 5 minutes keeping the vent closed.
- Once the cycle ends carefully vent the instant pot.
- Once the instant pot is done venting carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the 2 cups of shredded cheese until melted and serve immediately.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and other taco garnishes.
*Makes approximately 6 servings.
Like this recipe and want more? Make sure you subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter and frequently check back here on the blog!