Quick and Easy Taco Pasta
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 16 oz pasta noodles (I used medium shells)
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- Homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below) OR 1 packet of store bought taco seasoning
- 4 C. chicken broth
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Taco Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Add the ground beef, diced onion and minced garlic to the instant pot insert.
- Press saute and brown the meat (IF the mixture sticks, add a little bit of olive oil)
- Once the meat is cooked through, add in the homemade taco seasoning.
- Drain the grease from the meat if needed.
- Add in the chicken broth, salsa and noodles and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal it shut.
- Press manual and set the time to 5 minutes keeping the vent closed.
- Once the cycle ends carefully vent the instant pot.
- Once the instant pot is done venting carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the 2 cups of shredded cheese until melted and serve immediately.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and other taco garnishes.