I hate clicking on a recipe and having to read someone's entire life story just to get to the how and what. So, let's get straight to the point. Here is a delicious and easy meal the whole family will like. After all, any day can be Taco Tuesday!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken (Makes 6 tacos)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 1 TBSP salt (divided in two, one for each side of the breast)
- 1 TBSP pepper (divided in two, one for each side of the breast)
- flour or corn tortillas
- your choice of toppings
1. Pour 1 cup of salsa into your instant pot.
2. Place your chicken breasts on top of the salsa in the instant pot. Season one side with 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
3. Flip your chicken over and season with the remaining amount of salt and pepper.
4. Close your instant pot by twisting the lid on in a locked position. Close the valve by pushing it away from you. Set your pressure cooker to high pressure for 20 minutes.
5. Once your pressure cooker has stopped cooking, allow it to release naturally for about 10 minutes. After you let it release for 10 minutes, manually release the rest of the way by using a hot pad or towel, and bring the valve toward you.
6. Using two forks, or a hand mixer, shred your chicken inside the instant pot so that’s the remaining seasoning of the salsa will continue to mix in with the chicken.
7. Add it to flour or corn tortillas for yummy tacos, or eat it by itself for a low carb option. You can top with tomatoes, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, avocados, and more! Enjoy!