Celebrate Football Season with this Tasty Treat
Football season is here. That means you will probably have some hungry mouths to feed during the games. Everyone loves a good sweet treat, so why not let the kids help you make this fun snack to share?
Football Field Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 oz bag of mini marshmallow
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 12 oz bag of candy melts (green)
- White icing or decorating gel
- In a saucepan, add butter and 10 oz of mini marshmallows.
- Next, place on med-high heat and stir vigorously.
- Once mixture is melted, lower temperature to low-med.
- Next, pour 7 cups of rice krispies into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir thoroughly.
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into the pan.
- Allow 2-4 hours to completely cool.
- Next, cut the treats into rectangles, being sure to trim the edges.
- Melt green candy melts according to the directions on the bag.
- Once completely melted, use a spoon to cover the tops of the rectangles.
- Allow green candy melt to dry
- Once dried, use the white icing or decorating gel to make lines across the treats to resemble the football field.
- Serve and enjoy
Please follow and like us: