Delicious Chicken Bacon Squash Boats
Finding a healthy meal that the whole family can enjoy gets pretty tedious. I try to make sure we have a healthy dose of protein and incorporate veggies into our meals, but the kids protest quite often. Instead of battling over meal times, I've decided to try some new recipes that should appeal to everyone. Here is a delicious twist on squash boats that should have your whole family ready to sit down at the table.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half (or 2 medium spaghetti squash)
- 2 C. cooked, diced chicken (I typically use leftover baked chicken, rotisserie chicken also works well)
- 1/2 C. cooked bacon pieces
- 1 C. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Use a spoon to scoop the seeds out of each spaghetti squash half.
- Add 1" of water to a microwave safe dish (I use an 8x8 Pyrex dish).
- Place the spaghetti squash rounded side down in the dish.
- Place in the microwave and heat for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Let cool a few minutes before gently scraping the squash from the shell being careful not to rip the shell.
- Combine the squash, sour cream, cheese, bacon, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Scoop the mixture back into the squash shells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and serve the squash boats with a salad.
Like this recipe? Subscribe and keep coming back for more.
Please follow and like us: