Sitting at home thinking about your next snack? Here's a tasty treat you can make from ingredients you probably already have in the house. It even makes enough to save so you can have more another day.
- 2 cups brown sugar 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups chocolate chips Any ice cream but we chose Oreo.
- You will also need: Baking sheets, Extra large mixing bowl, Hand or stand mixer, Ice cream scoop, Parchment paper, Ziplock bags
Makes about 48 cookies, recipe works great cut in half also.
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a extra large mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to mix together the brown sugar, sugar and butter.
3. Mix in your eggs on low.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda and slowly mix into your wet ingredients.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips 6. Scoop out your cookie dough into golf ball sized scoop, roll into small balls and place on your baking pan.
7. Bake for 10 minutes and freeze for about an hour.
8. Add a scoop of ice cream to the bottom center of one cookie and press the bottom of another cookie onto the ice cream.
9. Smooth out the sides of the ice cream, wrap and store in an air tight freezer bag.