Ways to Rework Your ResolutionsThe clock counts down from ten, nine, eight, seven... Finally the New Year rings in with streamers and fireworks. Many of us make New Years' Resolutions and say we are going to stick to them. Well, here we are in the 2nd week of 2016 and where do you stand? Did you set a long term goal? Maybe you said this is the year you would lose those last couple of pounds and be more active. Maybe you set a goal to make new friends or get out of the house more. No matter what your resolution was (or even if you didn't make one yet) here are just a few tips and tricks for you.
1. Set realistic goals.If you are a couch potato and hate exercise, don't set a goal to run an Iron Man by next month. Definitely have a big goal you want to reach; but you also want to set smaller, achievable goals that will help you stay strong and keep you on track. Here are some examples of small goals:
- get moving 2 days a week
- set one night a week for family game night
- "unplug" from electronic devices for an hour a day
2. It is never too late to set a goal for yourself.Forgot to start on January 1st? Slipped up and didn't follow through? Get back at it tomorrow and don't give up. Setting goals is a good way to get yourself motivated, but there is no need to beat yourself up if you stumble.
3. Set new goals.Don't keep setting the same goals. Come up with something fresh that will get you excited about the new year.
- Do something you never thought you could do.
- Find a cause.
- Do something just for you.