Flavor Your Life with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from EuropeThere are many different types of olive oil on the market that range in taste and quality. We use oil in many of our recipes, from spicy and savory to sweet. No matter how we use it, we prefer to use certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You can look for certifications on the bottles at the grocery store. Some even have QR codes that allow you to trace the oil to the plantation where the olives were grown!
I was given product for free from Moms Meet to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”One of our favorite ways to use extra virgin olive oil is when prepping fish and vegetables to cook on the grill. It brings out the delicate flavors and fresh herbs, adding a richness to every bite. Simply season the fish and veggies and drizzle them with EVOO while the grill is heating up, or marinate them longer for a deeper flavor. French oil has a more mild taste, allowing the flavors of the dish to shine.
Extra Virgin Olive Oils from Different Regions of Europe
- Spanish oil is typically golden yellow with a fruity, nutty flavor.
- Italian olive oil is often dark green and has an herbal aroma and a grassy flavor.
- Greek olive oil packs a strong flavor and aroma and tends to be green.
- French oil is typically pale in color and has a mild flavor.
About Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the freshest and purest olive oil available. They press the olives without using heat or chemicals.
- It is virtually free of acidity. In order to receive "Extra Virgin" designation, an oil must test with low peroxide values.
- Olive oil has a high smoke point, so you can use it in a light sauté, deep fry, or even baked in the oven.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Europe:
- Store your EVOO in a dark/cool place, but never in the refrigerator.
- Once you've opened the bottle, make sure to screw the lid on tight before storing it.
- Use the bottle within 6 months of opening it, and 18 months of purchasing.