1. Brush teeth more often.Kids can forget this one so easy. Teaching them to create a habit out of teeth brushing as children will save them a lot of issues as they age.
2. Teach your child to eat and even enjoy their vegetables.So often we grow into adulthood without gaining an appreciation for our vegetables. Teach your child to cook vegetables in different ways to find how they can enjoy them.
3. Teach your child to put the screen down.Kids are spending more and more time in front of screens and less time being active or spending time with friends and family. By cutting screen time your child will find time for things that matter.
4. Encourage your child to get outside more.Spending time outside is great for physical and mental health. Green spaces, fresh air, and plenty of thins to do that challenge the body. Turn off the tv and send your child out to ride bikes, play at the park and have fun like we did when we were young.
5. Stretching is vital to good health.When active kids do not stretch they put themselves at risk of injury while out playing.
6. Teach your child to find time to just relax.In today's world, we are all about being busy. Being busy is a symbol of success only, it can be very damaging. Teach your child the habit of finding down time to relax and recuperate now while they are young to save future heartache.
7. Drink more water now while they are young.Water is important to our health but the average person does not drink nearly enough. By drilling this healthy habit into your child you give them a tool for staying healthy over the years to come.
8. Reading for enjoyment.Reading is a key to discovering the world. By teaching kids young to find joy in relaxing with a good book you are opening the world to them one page at a time. When your child needs a break from the realities of the world they can find an escape under the covers into a world of imagination until they are ready to face life.
9. Teach your child to cook whole foods.When we give children the ability to cook we give them the power to care for themselves and their families when they are older. We take away the power of the drive through and even teach them how to save money
10. Start the day out right by eating a healthy breakfast.Breakfast helps wake the body up and get it going. By eating healthy each morning your child's body fueled with everything it needs to thrive, learn, and grow. By developing this habit you are helping your child set up a lifelong habit for good health.
What else do you think is important to teach children while they are young? Comment below and let me know your thoughts.