It’s a Meaningful Life has partnered with Chocolate Pen for the purposes of this review.
We love getting creative in the kitchen and letting the kids pitch in. So, when we found out about the Chocolate Pen and all of the cool creations we could make with it, we had to give it a try. Who wouldn’t want to use a pen that writes in edible chocolate?
What Comes in the Box:
- 1 Chocolate Pen
- 40+ candy mold designs
- chocolate melting tray
- 4 colors of chocolate (pink, white, blue, brown)
How to Use It:
Using the Chocolate Pen is simple. Once you have opened the box and reviewed the instructions as a family, you can let the kids get creative. The pen itself comes assembled and just needs 2 AAA batteries. Melting the chocolate is where I would recommend parent assistance. The chocolate packets are hard when they come out of the box (my daughter actually thought they were clay at first). You need to sit the packets in hot water, then knead them with your hands, and squeeze the softened chocolate into the warming tray. The box comes with pink, blue, white, and brown melting chocolate to choose from.
Just dip the pen into the warmed, melted chocolate and flip the switch to let it fill up. Once full, slide the switch the other direction so both kids and adults can draw, write, or use candy molds to make detailed and colorful creations. Once you are done, the pen is easy to take apart and clean up (bonus for a mom that doesn’t like washing dishes).
We used the chocolate molds and pen to make decorations for a special unicorn cake. Both kids had fun choosing a design and filling them up with colored chocolate. They were so excited to see the finished project. I can’t wait to use this to help decorate special holiday cookies.
About The Chocolate Pen:
- new and improved kid-friendly design
- pen automatically loads chocolate
- melting tray keeps colors melted and ready to go.
- kid chefs can draw their own shapes or create colorful yummy treats with 40 mold designs
- 4 tasty chocolate colors to choose from
- chocolate produced in the USA
- candy creations harden in minutes
- recommended for ages 6 and older
- available in store and online at Target & Walmart for $29.99